Last Updated July 31, 2020
We may make changes to this Policy, from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our website homepage). We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access the Site to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect Personal Information or Personal Data that you provide directly to us. “Personal Information” or “Personal Data” is any information that can be used to identify, either directly or indirectly, a natural person, such as name, email address, contact information, etc. Personal Information is also information that we can link with other information to identify you.
You can generally use our Site without providing us with Personal Information.
Information We May Collect Automatically
We use this information to process your requests and to deliver messages and content specific to your interests. The information we collect from your web browser and from Cookies and Other Technologies does not identify you personally but in some cases, we may link it to personally identifiable information.
The Cookies we use generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Technical. These Cookies are essential for our Site to function properly.
- Security. We use these Cookies to help identify and prevent security risks.
- Performance. We use these Cookies to collect information about how you interact with our Site and to help us improve it. For example, we may use these Cookies to determine if you have interacted with a certain page.
- Analytics. We use these Cookies to help us understand improve our Site. For example, we can use these Cookies to learn more about which features are the most popular with our users and where we may need to make improvements.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We May Use the Information We Collect
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with services that you request;
- To operate, troubleshoot, and improve the Site;
- To send you newsletters, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you;
- To maintain our list of contacts;
- To understand how people use our Site, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- For AvinnaCFO’s business purposes, including data analysis; detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- To assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns, and publications;
- To use for any other purpose for which we provide notice at the time of collection; and
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights.
How We May Share the Information We Collect
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share information that reasonably identifies you or your organization with unaffiliated entities for their independent use except as expressly described in this Policy or with your prior permission. We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We May Also Disclose Information We Collect
- To our third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, and information technology providers.
- To law enforcement, other government authorities, or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us or as provided for under contract. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you or your organization, unless prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances.
- To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Retention of Information
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we collected it and in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests.
Do Not Track
While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and there is no common standard that has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators. Therefore, we do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to our websites.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Choices and Rights
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. And the electronic marketing communications we send you may contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to register your marketing preferences.
Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information. In some jurisdictions, you may have a right to complain to your local data protection authority. If you would like to discuss or exercise the rights you may have, you may notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Use of Services by Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18.